Yeast infection (candidiasis) is a fungal infection caused by PH imbalance.
Both men and women are receptive to this problem .Although uncommon in men the fungus that causes yeast infection harbors in warm, moist, dark places such as the genitalia and the gastrointestinal tract. The Candida is especially present on moist skin .Which is why when a contributing factor such as having sexual intercourse with a partner who has Candida causes an overgrowth of the yeast resulting in an infection.
Yeast infection in men leads to a condition called balantis that is inflammation or redness of the head of a penis. Many times if not treated can spread to the scrotum, and the buttock area inform of a boil. Uncircumcised men are more prone balantis. Other contributing factors are overweight,HIv i.e. Human immunodeficiency virus ,poor hygiene practices, diabetics use of antibiotics, exposure to humid or hot surroundings .Other signs and symptoms include thick white spot looks like cottage cheese ,collecting in skin folds, redness burning feeling or itchiness of the genitals. The most common yeast by far is Candida albicans.
Another common sign is sore throat or oral thrush. It has similarities to a sore troat.you can diagnose thrush by seeing reddish background, white lesions found on the tongue.
Treatment in men
Local mild and easily treated .Over-the-counter drugs that will last for 3weeks .it is recommended that you and your partner to get examined to prevent over occurrence and re-infecting each other.
An oral antifungal dose such as Fluconazole is effective for the oral thrush.
In women Vaginal yeast infection can be contributed by a number of factors both medical and lifestyle.
- Low immune system. This affects the normal PH in the body. Conditions such as blood glucose meter and HIV(human immunodeficiency virus) can edge to myriad overgrowth of yeast in the body
- Wearing tight-fitting non-absorbent undergarments that harbour warmth and moisture .Perfect condition for multiplication of yeast cells.
- Using deodorants and irritating soaps ,talcs in the vulva areas.
- Use of antibiotics for a prolonged time.
- Rinsing of the vagina or vaginal irrigation. It is advisable to wipe yourself from front to back
The below factors can help in controlling yeast infection.
- Daily uptake of a balanced diet rich in vitamins. Eating foods that have lactobacillus is part of a balanced diet for the general well being of the body.
- Control of diabetics through blood sugar levels descends the risk of yeast in the body.
- Unnecessary use of antibiotics
- Try robotics they have been tested and approved to deal with effects against this fungus.